The “Who is Who” database is a project undertaken by SIASIC in partnership with KAS over the past fifteen months. It is a compilation of 600 organizations drawn from across Eastern and Southern Africa which provide support to victims of gender and sexual violence in legal services, litigation, awareness and education, communications, counseling and rehabilitation amongst other services. It is envisioned that this database will provide victims with an easy to use one-stop online directory by serving as a comprehensive tool for finding the closest provider of services needed by victims from all across the region. In addition, it will assist different actors in this field in coordinating their fight against SGBV thus enhancing institutional cooperation by providing a platform to create the synergies necessary for more efficient deliveries in the fight against SGBV.
Key ways to make use of the database:
- The reading grid allows for easy search and identification of organizations in Eastern and Southern Africa that address SGBV
- The user interface allows easy finding of organizations by searching through their area of expertise
- Easily identifiable organizations that deal with various aspects of SGBV e.g. education, rehabilitation, psychosocial support etc through brief descriptions on their expertise
- Easily accessible and available contact information of these organizations
- Creates visibility of the various organizations that deal with SGBV for networking and support amongst each other
Below is the Database Launch Invitation